Aika Wellness launched late 2017, Aika is the world’s first 100% certified organic Ayurvedic inspired range of skincare for purists. As the winner of Australian Organic’s (ACO) Cosmetic of the Year award in its launch year, Aika sets a new standard in luxury certified organic skincare.
Created in a wellness spa environment over fourteen years of concentrated research and hands on spa therapy, Aika skincare draws on its founder Eranthi Bonney’s Sri Lankan heritage steeped in Ayurveda and her extensive background in owning and running wellness spas.
Uniquely formulated with spa grade high performance results, Aika sources only the most premium certified organic ingredients available worldwide for the ultimate spa at home sensory ritual. All products are lovingly hand made in small batches in Melbourne, at Aika’s own certified organic studio ‘The Lighthouse’.
More than functional skincare, Aika’s philosophy is about the whole person where the goal is to awaken the healing power of the skin, body, emotions and mind so that true healing and rejuvenation can take place.
Daily Rituals for lasting wellbeing
A key concept in Aika’s skincare is the Ayurvedic practice of dinacharya, meaning the ‘daily routine’ to support your body’s natural energy and daily rhythmic cycle. Aika’s products empower you to set aside precious time each day to take care of yourself, to love and honour the skin and body you’re in.
This daily regimen of caring for ourselves through adequate rest, healthy eating, movement and spiritual practice has a cumulative affect that is quite powerful and results in a greatly improved sense of wellbeing in a very short period of time.
Here are three simple steps for your morning and evening rituals to help support your wellbeing and get glowing skin with Aika skincare.
AM – ARISE
- Rise and Shine. Ideally wake up with the sun. After a refreshing shower smooth over Aika’s Body Anoint to lock in moisture and keep your skin soft and silken. Cleansing your face is an important morning step and Aika’s Pure Polishes are a luxurious treat to help gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells that have been shed overnight to reveal a glowing face.
- Get Moving. A walk, run, yoga or stretching can help you get your mind and body ready for the day. Aika’s Tonics help this awakening process by infusing your skin with herbal extracts and essences to refresh, remineralise and increase your skin’s circulation for a new day.
- Nourish yourself. Eat a breakfast packed with whole fruit and vegetables to give you the energy to perform at your peak. For your face, Aika’s Balms are concentrated skin food that melt into your skin to lock in hydration, providing essential nutrients your skin needs during the day while strengthening its barrier function from environmental damage.
PM – RETREAT
- Remove the day. De-stress by having a warm bath or shower with Aika’s herbal salt Body Polishes. Thoroughly cleanse your face with Aika’s Deep Cleansers which contain clay for drawing out toxins and pollution from the day and removing makeup.
- Restore your mojo. Replenish your prana or energy with a mindful activity such as meditation, breathing exercises or visualisation to move from the external focus of the day to an internal one of connecting to your essence. Aika’s Ayuressences are created to balance your energy and calm the emotions while promoting your skin’s overnight cellular turnover.
- Increase the peace. Dim the lights or light a candle to help your mind adjust to slowing down. Aika’s Elixirs facilitates your skin’s overnight renewal process with a boost of anti-oxidants, vitamins and essential fatty acids for ultimate rejuvenation. Finally massage your head with Aika’s Hair and Scalp elixir which helps slow down the mind and soothe the emotions preparing you for a restful sleep.